We base all our decisions on our Core Values. Everyone who joins the group agrees to uphold them. Our aim is for an LGBTQ+ support network that:
• Can change the experience of all Fans for the better
• Is Inclusive
• Is Accessible
• Promotes Equality
• Celebrates Diversity
• Develops Community
• Educates and raises awareness of LGBTQ+ issues
• Overcomes intolerance and prejudice of any kind
• Changes negative attitudes
• Is ethical and sustainable
• Encourages enthusiastic volunteers
• Treats people with respect at all times and avoids abusive or discriminatory language
• Works positively and creatively to ensure everyone feels welcome whatever their age, sex, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief
Ground rules for membership of this group
These Ground Rules are essential for ensuring we have efficient meetings and build an effective campaign.
• Uphold our Core Values
• Do what you say you will do
• Be accountable for what you do
• Behave responsibly when acting in name of the group
• When in meetings speak one at a time
• Respect one another’s abilities and energy levels
• Dream but be realistic and practical about what we can achieve
• Be open and honest – if you have concerns or worries, express them but try to focus on the positives
• Respect confidentiality
• Work democratically – you won’t agree with every decision made in the group but you should respect it
• Avoid emails/texts that might cause distress – talk to one another about important issues
• Discuss any differences considerately and directly. Any significant disagreements seek a mediator.
Group membership is open to people from the LGBTQ+ community, their friends, families and supporters and anyone who agrees with our aims.
The group recognises that everyone has a contribution to make to society and a right to equal opportunities.
No member or organisation/individual to which we provide services will be unfairly discriminated against by us on the grounds of:
• Gender Identity
• Marriage and Civil Partnership
• Pregnancy and Maternity
• Religion and Belief
• Sexual Orientation
We aim to promote equal opportunities, eliminate discrimination and eliminate harassment through the following:
• Opposing all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
• Treating all members fairly and with respect.
• Membership that is open to all.
• All vacancies to the board will be advertised to everyone and will include a statement on equal opportunities.
• All members have a legal and moral obligation not to discriminate and to report incidents of discrimination against any individual or group of individuals.
• Ensuring that our meetings and events are fully accessible to all groups and individuals.
• Having a consideration for affordability in organising events.
• To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our members are recognised and valued.
• Every member is entitled to be part of an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all.
• No form of unfair discrimination, intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
Breaches of our equal opportunities policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to membership disqualification.
This policy is fully supported by the officers and has been agreed with Members. The policy will be monitored and reviewed every three years.
The successful implementation of this policy depends on the awareness and commitment of all of the group. This means that all new members will be made aware of its existence on joining the group.
For additional advice or information:
• Equal Opportunities Commission: http://www.eoc.org.uk/Default.aspx?page=19650
Welcome to the Geordie Grandslammers LGBTQ+ tennis club website. By using our website, you agree to these terms and conditions (the "Terms"). If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not use our website.
Eligibility: Our website is intended for use by individuals who support the LGBTQ+ community and are interested in tennis. By using our website, you represent that you meet these eligibility requirements.
Use of Content: All content on our website, including text, graphics, images, videos, and software, is owned or licensed by us and is protected by intellectual property laws. You may not copy, reproduce, modify, distribute, or display any of our content without our prior written consent.
User Content: Our website may allow you to post content, such as comments or reviews. By posting such content, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based on, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise exploit in any manner such content in all formats and distribution channels now known or hereafter devised.
User Conduct: You may not use our website in a manner that violates any applicable laws or regulations or that is harmful to others, including, without limitation, by posting offensive or discriminatory content or by engaging in harassing or discriminatory behaviour.
Disclaimers: Our website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. We do not warrant that our website will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that any defects will be corrected.
Limitation of Liability: To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with your use of our website.
Indemnification: You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us and our affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of or in connection with your use of our website oryour violation of these Terms.
Governing Law: These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which our club is located.
Changes to Terms: We may modify these Terms at any time, in our sole discretion. Your continued use of our website after any such changes will constitute your acceptance of the modified Terms.
Contact Us: If you have any questions or concerns about these Terms or our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.